Exceptional Space for Social Gatherings and Events
Let an Innkeeper at Southmoreland on the Plaza assist you with your Kansas City event planning. Whether you are organizing a birthday party, an anniversary celebration, retirement gathering, bridal luncheon, baby shower or a family or class reunion, the venue at Southmoreland on the Plaza offers a unique departure from the mundane.
Southmoreland on the Plaza is an excellent choice to accommodate small groups for social gatherings.
- Maximum of up to 24 guests
- Held in our enclosed verandah, dining room and courtyard deck (weather permitting).
- Events on Mondays – Fridays may be scheduled from early morning hours through approximately 5:00 pm.
- Gatherings scheduled for a Saturday or a Sunday can begin as early as 12:00 pm and must be completed by 4:00 pm.
- Half day rentals (4 hours or less) are $200 plus tax. Yes, we do luncheons, and since we are not a restaurant, use of the facility for brief luncheons also requires the facility fee
- Full day rentals (any time over 4 hours, 8 hours maximum) are $300 plus tax.
- All food and beverage is to be provided by Southmoreland on the Plaza. Outside catering and provisions are prohibited. There are two exceptions: specialty cakes and alcoholic beverages. Both require service fees.
Since we are located in the Country Club Plaza – Midtown district of Kansas City, Missouri you may want to extend your celebration. Treat the honoree to a day at the spa, a shopping spree, a local event or one of KC’s varied attractions, or a Southmoreland gift certificate, perfect for an overnight stay.
Please contact the Innkeepers for details and availability.
“the very nicest staff that seemed to be genuinely interested in the comfort and welfare of the patrons…”
-As found on TripAdvisor