Missouri B&B Policies
Missouri accommodations at Southmoreland on the Plaza are subject to the following policies.
- Rates are for One Night Lodging, Based on Maximum of Two Guests per Room and are Subject to State and Local Taxes
- One night stays are welcomed. Two-night minimums may be required during special events, whole property or whole house bookings, or holiday periods.
Arrival and Departure
- Check-in begins at 4:00 pm.
- For arrivals before 4:00 pm, accommodations can be made for parking and bag drop-off with advance notice.
- Advanced arrangements must be made for check-ins after midnight.
- Check-out is by 10:00 am.
- Late check-outs may be arranged in advance for an additional fee. Approval of late checkouts is at the discretion of the Inn.
All bookings must be made online or by phone in advance. All reservations must be secured with a credit card (MasterCard, Visa, Discover or American Express). Final payment is accepted with credit or debit card. Gift certificates are accepted as long as the reservation is made directly through Southmoreland on the Plaza, either by phone or online.
Your reservation is a binding agreement between you and Southmoreland on the Plaza. When a you make a reservation, we agree to provide that room(s) to you on the date(s) you reserved. We decline all subsequent requests for that room and that date and we do not overbook our rooms. In turn, by making the reservation, you agree to abide by all inn policies and pay for the entire reservation. The terms of cancellation for your particular reservation are shared with you before you confirm your reservation with a credit card (whether the reservation is made on-line or via phone) and the policies are restated via a confirmation email as long as the guest has provided an accurate email. We recognize that circumstances arise, sometimes out of a guest’s control, requiring the cancellation of a reservation. However, as a small business, cancellations have a significant impact on us and the services we are able to provide. Therefore, we cannot make exceptions to the cancellation policies and the applicable cancellation fee will be charged.
Regular Leisure Stays
- Cancellations from the time the reservation is made up to eight (8) days prior to the date of your reservation are subject to a $20 handling fee.
- Cancellations with notice of seven (7) or less days prior to the date of your reservation result in a 50% charge of the room rate for all dates canceled.
- Same day cancellations and “no-show” reservations will be charged at 100% of the room rate for all dates canceled.
- Please note that rescheduling your stay constitutes a cancellation.
Corporate guests may be subject to a different cancellation policy.
Holidays and Special Events*
- Cancellation of special event and holiday reservations from the time the reservation is made up to eight (8) days prior to the date of your reservation are subject to a 50% forfeiture of the room rate for all rooms and all dates canceled.
- Cancellations with notice of seven (7) or less days prior to the date of your reservation result in a 100% charge of the room rate for all rooms and all dates canceled.
- If the cancelled room is rebooked with another guest, the 50% or 100% charge will be reduced to a $20 handling fee for the date rebooked.
- Please note that rescheduling your stay constitutes a cancellation.
*Holidays and Special Events include but are not limited to:
- Valentine’s Day
- Friday and Saturday of The Plaza Art Fair
- All Fridays and Saturdays during The Plaza Lights
- Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
- New Year’s Eve
- Big12 Basketball Tournament
- NASCAR Race Weekends
For the safety and comfort of all of our guests, no smoking is allowed in the rooms, on the room decks, or inside the Inn. Smoking on the property is limited to a designated first floor outside area. Any evidence of violation of the non-smoking policy will result in a minimum $500 cleaning fee.
Open flames of any kind (candles, incense) and irons are strictly prohibited from use in rooms. Please refrain from using rose petals in the room as they stain fine linens, carpet and upholstery. Guests will be charged full price for any damage, required cleaning, or replacement necessary.
The Inn is a private facility and is for the exclusive use of our overnight guests. This ensures the quiet, relaxing and secure nature of the environment for all of the guests. If a guest would like to have a visitor, it must be prearranged with the staff. Guest rooms are intended for the use of guests only and are not to be used as gathering places.
Outside vendors of any kind (masseuses, hair or makeup artists, photographers, etc.) are not allowed in the guest rooms or common areas. In certain circumstances, exceptions can be made but require advanced approval from the owners.
We are pleased to offer one complimentary off-street parking space per room. Parking is very tight, so we encourage the use of your smallest vehicle if at all possible. Depending on occupancy, oversized vehicles may not be able to be accommodated and must be parked on the street. We regret we cannot be responsible for the security of your vehicle.
If an overnight guest would like to invite a guest for breakfast, it can be accommodated in most circumstances. Please prearrange this with the staff as far in advance as possible— a breakfast charge will be added to the overnight guest’s bill at the time the request is authorized.
The Inn does not meet the needs of children (including infants) under the age of 10. Guests must be 21 or older to book or check in.
We are unable to accommodate pets. Boarding kennels are available throughout Kansas City.
Maximum Occupants Per Room
Room occupancy is limited to a maximum of two guests per room. Guests reserving one room but arriving with more than two people (regardless of age) will be held to the two person maximum occupancy and will be responsible for the full room rate regardless of whether or not they choose to stay.
All rates and terms are subject to change without prior notice.
Gift Certificate Policies
Gift certificates are available and are a much appreciated way of acquainting your guests with the B&B experience, while giving the gift of hospitality, comfort and relaxation.
Form of Purchase: Certificates may be purchased for any dollar amount either on-line or by phone. Certificates are made out for a dollar value, not for a particular room, allowing the receiver to make a personal selection. Gift certificates cannot be combined with certain promotions which are at the Inn’s discretion.
Gift Certificates may be:
- Mailed or e-mailed to the purchaser,
- Mailed or e-mailed to the recipient, or
- Picked up by the purchaser in person at the Inn.
Form of Payment: Certificates are charged to the purchaser’s credit card at the time of order. No refunds or exchanges are permitted.
Duration: Gift certificates are valid for five years from date of purchase and are subject to availability.
Redemption: The recipient makes a reservation directly with Southmoreland on the Plaza and reserves the room and date of choice based on current availability. A credit card will still be required to make the reservation. Gift certificates must be presented at check-out. Reservations using gift certificates are subject to the Inn’s applicable reservation/cancellation policies.